Tuesday, June 21, 2016

"FINCH" RETURNS TO OFFER BRUTALLY HONEST SCOUTING REPORTS ON MORE THAN 50 TOP NBA DRAFT PROSPECTS -- Seth Davis

Is one of Davis' insiders named Sidd? Now that would be appropriate.

The local angles:

Marquese Chriss, 6'10" freshman forward, Washington: "I saw this coming at the Pac–12 tournament. You're talking about an above-the-rim athlete, prototypical of the NBA. He's a multidimensional guy. They don't make a lot of 6'10" kids with 40–inch verticals. He didn't always play hard, but he's just a baby. He reminds me of [former LSU forward] Tyrus Thomas. He disappears for long stretches. That's his personality. I don't think he knows he should be a star."

and

Gary Payton II, 6'3" senior guard, Oregon State: "He has some value in the way he guards. Really good athlete and good feel for the game. I don't think he always plays hard. He's one that I wonder why he's not better. He's a real blue-collar guy, but I just don't know where you play him. If he lives in the gym, maybe he can become a good three-point shooter, but I don't know, man. That shot is real funky. He's definitely an NBA athlete and he can defend in the league right now."

and

Jaylen Brown, 6'7" freshman forward, California: "Biggest mystery in the draft. What does he do? He's an average ballhandler. He's a below average shooter. In AAU and college he played bully ball, but that doesn't translate to the NBA. Little bit of a funky personality. I don't know that anybody really knows what makes that kid tick. His basketball IQ is lacking. Special physical specimen and athlete. The trouble is when you make him go multiple directions. His last month and a half was awful. Makes me really nervous."

No comments:

Post a Comment