Sunday, January 31, 2010

An Eli Holman game saver

Former Richmond High star Eli Holman showed no mercy with his last-second shotblock in a win over Illinois-Chicago:
Eli Holman preserves Detroit Mercy's victory over Illinois-Chicago
Tom Markowski
The Detroit News
January 30, 2010

At 6 foot 10 and 255 pounds Eli Holman isn't the fastest player at Detroit Mercy, but he moved fast enough to make the biggest block of his brief career.

Holman, a sophomore playing his first season at UDM, blocked Robo Kreps' 3-point attempt with two seconds left to preserve UDM's 76-73 victory over Illinois-Chicago on Saturday at Calihan Hall.

Xavier Keeling's free throw with 7.3 seconds left gave the Titans a 3-point lead. UIC (5-16, 1-10) quickly brought the ball upcourt and Kreps shot from 12 feet right of the top of the key.

"I had my eyes on Kreps," Holman said. "I knew, with the game on the line, that he would take the shot. I had to shoot across the court to get there. I was on the other end. I knew he was going to get it..."
Go here for the remainder.

No comments:

Post a Comment