The returning Coast Conference South champs (four times in six seasons) are minus sharpshooting Markus Duran but Coach Tony Marcopulos and third-year Assistant Coach Rob Hoyt return a mix of veterans and newcomers.
6-foot-9 freshman frontcourter Frank Rogers has performed well early on and signed a letter-of-intent earlier this month with Coach Rex Walters and USF. According to Hoyt, "Rogers is getting better every game, taking instruction and applying it right away." The young man from Salinas has enjoyed scoring highs of 23 and then 19 points in games so far.
Joe Saarem is a 6-foot-3 freshman who is quickly proving to be a strong shooter. He buried four treys against Skyline and followed that up with 12 points versus Shasta.
6-foot-9 sophomore Justyn Searle holds down the 5 spot.
6-foot-3 sophomore Aaron Short is "really gifted" per Hoyt. "He is one of the top athletes in Northern California and is a key reason to why we've started off the season so well."
Here's the 2011-12 Seahawk roster:
* Jimmy Bajog G 5-foot-8 Fr.
* Gus Indarose G 6-foot-0 Fr.
* Cody Love G 6-foot-1 Fr.
* Robert Myles G 5-foot-11 Fr.
* Dalton Noble G 6-foot-1 Fr.
* Sterling Reed G 6-foot-0 Fr.
* Aaron Short G 6-foot-3 So.
* Tyler Velasquez G 5-foot-11 So.
* Joe Saarem G/F 6-foot-3 Fr.
* Sean Filley F 6-foot-3 Fr.
* Thomas Pierce F 6-foot-5 Fr
* Adrian Powell F 6-foot-4 Fr.
* Erik Witzig F 6-foot-4 So.
* C.J. Grigg C/F 6-foot-7 Fr.
* Frank Rogers F/C 6-foot-9 Fr.
* Justyn Searle C 6-foot-9 So.