Monday, May 18, 2015

Staying in, not making the NBA

Here's a feature that illuminates the key point of success being remaining in and not just making the NBA and that such happens by upgrading weaknesses.

Lakers Coach Byron Scott talking with and about Nick Young:

“Nick and I had conversations so it’s no secret what I’ve told him that he needs to do. If you want to look at one thing offensively you have to do, it’s move without the basketball. Learn to catch and shoot. Learn to take two, three dribbles. Pull-up and shoot. Two, three dribbles. Get to the basket. No more of this nine dribbles and everyone kinda watch, because that’s a home run or its a strikeout. You got to get better at moving without the basketball. That’s number one on offense.”

and

“I said number two defensively. Nick is a pretty good defender when he has guys that challenge him. He takes the challenge. He’ll guard pretty much one-on-one, but when the ball is off that guy’s hands, he has to be a better help defender, a better weak-side defender. Those are just two areas him and I talked about, and we did that during the season in Phoenix. It’s no secret the things that I told him to do to improve on. I told him ‘If you don’t, it might be hard for me to put you out there.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment