Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Kevin Laue article

The pride of Amador Valley High keeps on keeping on. What's that line about NYC -- "...if I can make it there, I can make it anywhere...":
6'11' one-armed hoopster Kevin Laue aims to inspire, motivate far beyond Manhattan College campus
Oren Yaniv
New York Daily News
November 1, 2009

Manhattan College basketball player Kevin Laue has a killer one-handed dunk.

And he couldn't have it any other way.

The freshman center - at 6'11", he's the tallest player on the team - was born without a left arm below his elbow. He overcame his disability, and the rejection of all but one coach, to earn a Division I basketball scholarship.

"I'm having the time of my life," said the 19-year-old Laue...
Go here for the remainder.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really interested in seeing him play. I have season tickets for Rider University men's basketball this year (which is in the same conference as Manhattan). The two teams play at Rider on January 28, 2010. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete