Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Smith making the most of his post grad year

Former Chico High star Sterling Smith is in the midst of a post prep year at Redemption Christian Academy in upstate New York and he posted averages of 21 points, 10 boards and 3.6 assists a game this season.

Asked what he has added to his game during this time, Smith said, "I've extended my shooting range because I'm playing more of the two guard now that I'm no longer the tallest guy on the team like in high school. I've also improved my ballhandling because of being in the backcourt."

Smith stand 6-foot-4 and a half and 200 pounds now.

As for recruiting to date, Coppin State (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) in Maryland (where the Smith family has relatives) has offered and a visit will take place next weekend. The New Jersey Institute of Technology (Great West Conference) is also working out a visit. Duquesne was very interested until a coaching change took place. Other schools back east as well as Sacramento State and UC Riverside are also showing interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment