Here are just some of the Nor Cal talents profiled in Gerry Freitas' 2017 Southern California Hoop Review report.
Plenty of other Nor Cal players are also detailed -- these are some of the ones whose names appear in print less often -- hit the link above for all the names.
* 6'0" CG Jordan Adams of Vacaville HS 2018 (Bay Area Renegades)
Adams utilizes his quickness and speed to get by would-be defenders. He plays too fast at times, but his speed is an asset more often than not while attacking the rim or slashing to the basket for the score.
* 6’9” C Emmanuel Ajanaku-Makun of Woodside Priory HS 2018 (Oakland Soldiers 17 Blue Elite)
Intriguing big man prospect who can finish with touch around the basket and also face up with touch on his set shot out to 3-point range and was especially consistent from the top of the key. Good motor and defensive instincts when contesting, altering and blocking shots.
* 5’7” PG Eric Alston of Sacramento HS 2019 (California United 16)
Nice combination of strength and speed which allows him to get into the paint and create offensive opportunities. Does a good job of getting defenders on his hip both in transition and half-court settings which allows him to probe and put pressure on the defense.
* 5’9” CG Noah Barry of Turlock MS 2021 (Stanco 15U)
Quick, scorer and playmaker and has decent ball handling skills and good vision to create for others. Really good on ball defender
* 6’5” C Mason Beske of Monte Vista Christian HS 2020 (Seasides Finest)
Good rebounder, really athletic blocks lots of shots and moves feet well. Need more polish on back to the basket game. Good feel for age.
* 5’11” PG Xavion Brown of Sheldon HS 2020 (Lakeshow 16’s Black)
Plays well in open court and can shoot it with range. Can shoot deep beyond the arc with pressure.
* 6’4” SG Avery Burt of Berkeley HS 2018 (Lakeshow Seniors)
Attacks the basket off the bounce at-will and uses size and athleticism to finish through contact at the rim. Plays with a lot of toughness and energy at both ends of the floor. Can rebound both in and out of space at both ends. Versatile defender who can guard multiple positions.
* 6’4” PF Evans Charles of Monterey HS 2019 (Seaside’s Finest 17s)
Active and high motor interior presence who cleans up the offensive and defensive glass. Strong finisher in the painted area with either hand. Changes ends of the floor quickly and rim-runs with purpose
* 6'2" CG Jelani Clark of Archbishop Riordan HS 2020 (Splash City Elite 2020)
Extreme length, high motor, and superior athleticism describe this young thoroughbred. His jump shot is developing as is his mid-range scoring skills, but he's lethal in transition and in the paint due to his length, tenacity, and bounce.
* 5'11" CG Marcus Greene of Archbishop Mitty HS 2020 (Lakeshow 15s Elite)
Greene appears to be well-coached due to his ability to affect the game at both ends. This talented combo-guard has ideal length and solid quickness. Defensively he closes out defenders and has active hands. Offensively, his head is up and he delivers the ball quickly in transition.
* 6'2" CG Miles Greene of Monte Vista HS 2018 (Lakeshow 17s Black)
Greene is a gamer. The thick-bodied combo-guard competes at both ends and isn't afraid to take the big shot. He gets in the lane due to his strength and determined mindset. He can score at all three levels, but is willing to set up his teammates as well.
* 6’4” SF Telano Hardee of Vanden HS 2020 (NBBA 15U Turner)
Strong and finishes through contact, above average handle, defensively can guard multiply positions. Can score inside and out.
* 6'7" C Dishon Jackson of St. Patrick St. Vincent HS 2020 (California United 15U)
Although not as tall, Jackson has some physical attributes that remind me of UCLA big man Ike Anigbogu. He has long arms, solid timing, and he's assertive in the paint area. He can finish above the rim and he shows a soft touch as well. He rebounds well in his area and shows solid timing on the defensive end.
* 5’9” PG Walter Lum of Lick-Wilmerding HS 2018 (Bay Area Warriors 17s)
Smart and crafty point guard with a good feel for the game. Understands how to operate in high ball-screen action. Practices patience when coming off screens, probes the paint and surveys the best course of action. Has good vision both in half-court and transition settings which he uses to set up teammates.
* 5'11" PG Bryce Monroe of Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep 2020 (Splash City Elite 2020)
Monroe is a scoring point guard who can get in the lane and he has the quickness and bounce (can adjust in the air) to finish amongst the bigs. He possesses a ton of moxie at both ends of the floor and isn't afraid to mix it up in the paint finishing and rebounding. He needs to continue to hone his point guard skills (high screen and roll/mid-range finishes/etc.), but overall his future looks promising.
* 6'6" SF John Nagle of Will C. Wood 2018 (Bay Area Renegades)
One of the bigger surprises of the event. High IQ/court vision. This long and rangy wing-type needs to get stronger (narrow shoulders), but he has a nice offensive package. He has a smooth shooting stroke out to 22-feet and his release is tight. He excels at facilitating in the half court set and is an excellent passer. High academic. Division 1 potential.
* 6’5” G Spencer Spivy of San Francisco University HS 2018 (Bay Area Warriors 17s)
Consistent scoring threat from multiple spots behind the arc. Has a good feel for the game and solid ball handling skills, which allow him to create off the dribble to set teammates up for scoring opportunities. Impressive transition finisher who looks to attack at all times.
* 6'6" PF Kendall Stubblefield of Bellarmine Prep 2018 (Tyler Johnson Elite)
Stubblefield is inside-out forward with a versatile skill set. He uses his body well in the paint and showcases excellent footwork. He has the frame and built to finish through contact in the paint, but also has the face-up skills and deceptive quickness to get by bigger defenders. Definite Division 1 sleeper.
* 6'7" PF Demetrius Williams of Amador Valley HS 2018 (Tyler Johnson Elite)
Williams is a potential diamond in the rough. Long arms and huge feet describe his physical attributes and he's bouncy as well. A no nonsense player that rebounds in traffic, but also has the finesse to knock in deep jump shots. His shot looks smooth overall and he has range out to 22-feet. Overall, he still quite raw, but the talent is there.
* 6’1 PG Anthony Yu of St. Joseph Norte Dame HS 2020 (Bay Area Mambas 15u Elite)
Anthony is a quick point guard with a nice stroke and very good from to be a young player. His activity off ball helps him get open. He creates very well off the bounce in two to three dribbles.