Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dave Bliss redux

We certainly believe in second chances but the unfathomable action by Dave Bliss of smearing Patrick Dennehy (Oakland born and a former St. Francis High student), one of his players who was murdered by a teammate, is an insurmountable act of evil.
Disgraced Bliss comes out of hiding
Associated Press


OVILLA, Texas -- Former basketball coach Dave Bliss is back in Texas after hiding from a scandal that started with a player's killing and snared Bliss in a web of lies and financial shenanigans.

The one-time Baylor coach spent time in North Dakota and Colorado before returning to be near his first grandchild. Basketball seems to be far behind him, yet he is now candidly discussing what went wrong in Waco -- and shouldering the blame.

On a Sunday in late spring, he brought his testimony to a suburban Dallas pulpit.

"I've heard all the things, sometimes secondhand, about how bad a person I am," Bliss told the congregation at the First Baptist Church of Ovilla. "I heard about stuff on ESPN. But I did an autopsy on myself. They were wrong.

"I was worse than that."
Go here for the remainder.

No comments:

Post a Comment