Friday, September 23, 2011

Meet George Johnson

George Johnson is at a new school this year and the 2013 basketball prospect is settling in and getting acquainted with his new teammates and Coach Pat Cruikshank. Here's a Q-and-A with him:

Q - Where will you be playing this season?

GJ - I will be playing at Heritage High School (Brentwood, CA). I transferred from De La Salle.

Q - What was the reason(s) for the transfer and how does your new team look for the 2011-2012 season?

GJ - I transferred because of the distance DLS was away from Brentwood as well as the tuition costs were a little too high for my parents. Our team looks pretty good. We’ve got some size and we’re a pretty close group.  But the league has some tough teams in it with Freedom and Deer Valley. We’ll compete though.

Q - What position will you be playing?

GJ - Point Guard

Q - Did you work on anything specifically this summer?

GJ - I’ve been lifting weights and shooting a lot of shots. I’ve also been trying to put a lot of focus on strengthening my legs. My knees have been hurting the last few months from growing. Just trying to get as strong as possible.

Q – What do you see as your on-court strengths?

GJ - I think my ability to shoot the ball, see the floor as well as ball handling are my strengths. My defense has gotten better but still need to improve that, and continue to get stronger.

Q – How are you doing academically?

GJ - I’m doing decent academically.  Around a 3.0. I’m struggling in Chemistry though.

No comments:

Post a Comment