Sunday, August 15, 2010

We liked this -- taking ownership

Shooting guard Will Barton is one of the top national basketball prospects entering college this season. Except he won't be playing for Memphis State in 2010-2011 because of prep academic deficiencies -- he attended four different high schools. Dan Wolken of the Memphis Commercial Appeal recently covered this scenario -- here's an excerpt:
"...Regardless, Barton declined to say his situation was unfair.

"I got it together my 11th and 12th year, my prep year, but not taking care of business early in life, you can't blame anyone but yourself," Barton said. "If you have dreams of going to college and playing basketball, you need to think about it early. And that's my fault. I was the one going to school. I should have been doing my work..."
Here's Barton's most appropriate tweet about this situation:
It dont get no worse than this. The hardest thing I ever had 2 face is here. Need vision cuz everything blurry now. Where do I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment