Wednesday, February 12, 2014

More on Elliott Pitts' new role

Freshman Elliott Pitts is becoming a more important asset for Arizona this season than many expected:
Even before Brandon Ashley went down with a significant foot injury on Feb. 1 at Cal, Arizona Wildcats freshman guard Elliott Pitts had a feeling things would change.

“Coach (Sean Miller) told me even before the Cal game that I was going to get more minutes, that we just can’t play seven or eight guys, so I knew I was going to have to stay ready,” Pitts said. “I’ve just been staying after practice, trying to stay in shape.”

Ashley was lost for the season just two minutes into the Cal game. Since then, Pitts played three minutes against Cal, 12 against Oregon and 14 against Oregon State.

“I’ve been feeling a lot more comfortable on the court, getting more minutes now, staying on the court longer -- it’s easier to get in the groove,” Pitts said. “Before all of this happened, I would get on the court for 2-3 minutes at a time. It’s definitely hard to get comfortable in two or three minutes but obviously I try to go out there and play as hard as I can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment