Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A bit more on Aaron Gordon

Chris Mannix talked recently with Aaron Gordon:
The 6-foot-9 Gordon, who averaged 12.4 points and eight rebounds as a freshman, went seventh in SI.com's first Mock Draft. He shot only 42.2 percent from the free throw line and made 16 three-pointers in 45 attempts.
 
SI.com: Your perimeter game is your biggest weakness. Are you overhauling your jump shot?

Gordon: "I overhauled my free throws. I didn't have a consistent free throw shot. I had a consistent jump shot. I had about three different ones before; now I have one. But my free throws were disconnected from my jumper. I would get to the peak of my shot, and then shoot it. What I've done is connected my three, my pull-up, my 17-footer and my free throw. They are all the same shot, and it feels great. Everything feels smoother."

SI.com: What position do you see yourself playing?

Gordon: "I see myself as a forward. I see myself as a basketball player. Obviously, you have to play a position in the NBA, but I'm going to do a little bit of everything. Post up, hit jumpers, go by people. I'm going to do it all. I'm confident that I can play both the three and four."
Is my naivete showing? Put his refined shooting on display in order to have the chance to move up in the draft because it's hard to see Gordon dropping if he didn't show improvement.

However, Seth Greenburg tweeted this: "Why would an agent of one of the top prospects in the NBA draft have his player play in the combine. Control the conversation."

No comments:

Post a Comment