Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Read this article if it's the only one you do so today

This article on veteran NBA frontcourter David West moving from the Pacers to the Spurs is especially insightful. He willingly and skillfully stepped up as a leader in serving his Pacer teammates and head coach but wanted to enter a different role so as to learn more and obviously have a better chance at winning a championship.

Money certainly didn't play a role in his decision as both wise investing and spending allowed him to grab this opportunity so he won't be one of the guys looking back 10-20 years from now wondering what might have been different if they hadn't been so reckless with his earnings.

An excerpt:

"I needed be in an environment where I can really learn again," West told Yahoo Sports. "We've got a few guys older than myself, and I can actually look up and ask questions again.

"That's something I haven't been doing the last few years. You had to focus on your own mindset and mentality and then having to make sure that others are where they need to be. When you're constantly answering questions, I'll admit: It gets to be a bit much..."

No comments:

Post a Comment