Wednesday, April 30, 2014

More on Frenchwood's UH offer

Joey Frenchwood via Brian McInnis:
...The first is Newark Memorial High (Bay Area, Calif.) senior point guard Joey Frenchwood. The 6-foot-1 Frenchwood picked up his first Division I offer on Sunday from Hawaii, he said in a phone interview Tuesday. He said he plans to take a visit to the islands before deciding — but UH's odds seem good here, as his other interest is from Montana State.

"I'm liking Hawaii a real lot right now. ... It feels really good (getting that first offer)," Frenchwood said. "I know I want to take a visit for sure. If I like it a lot, I'm sure I might commit. (I want to visit) as soon as possible, honestly."

"(My approach is) whatever I need to do to win. I can score, I can facilitate. I'm a pretty good defender, I'd like to say. Whatever my team needs me to do to win, I'll do it.

"It was a good year. It was a little up and down. We started off strong, then we had a drought where we dropped seven games straight. Then we picked it up, ended up winning 20 straight and going to the (open division) state tournament. We lost in the first round. But it was a real good year. I was happy how we ended...

No comments:

Post a Comment