Friday, April 24, 2015

Transferring isn't always on the player

Maybe the keepers of the transfer lists need to note the different reasons why for each departure. LINK

Garry Parrish checks in on the subject. A snippet:

...The point I'd rather make today is one I think we can all agree on, and that's how there's a pretty terrible unintended consequence to the NCAA no longer allowing waivers for transfers to play immediately, and that pretty terrible unintended consequence is this: Players who are run off by their coaches are now basically screwed.

"It's wrong," said one college coach who requested anonymity because he didn't want to speak out publicly against policy. "You're telling me I can sign a kid, keep him for a year or two, decide I misevaluated him and pull his scholarship, and then that kid has to sit a year no matter what? That's [expletive] up, man. That's just [expletive] up..."

No comments:

Post a Comment