Monday, October 17, 2011

Good press for Desmond Simmons

Percy Allen offers a lengthy feature on former Salesian High star Desmond Simmons.

Also, Jim Basnight writes:
"... Red-shirt frosh post Desmond Simmons is my sleeper on this team and his influence will be felt.

Simmons inherits the "glue guy" role vacated by Justin Holiday, who took that mantle from Bobby Jones. That role is defined as doing what you have to do to help the team win and I believe that Simmons will be where he needs to be to get it done. I see "Dez" playing behind Gant at the PF spot, but also versatile enough to spell Ross at the three. On offense Simmons lets the game come to him, successfully I might add, but on defense he is relentless and truly outstanding for a 1st year player. It would also not surprise me to see UW play Ross at the PF spot, to take advantage of his impressive offensive abilities ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment