Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A recruiting change forecast from Eric Bossi

Eric Bossi is a Rivals basketball reporter -- here is his Twitter account -- and he recently posted this on a message board:
Changes looming to summer open period
 

While there's been a lot of speculation over the last year about changes to open evaluation periods in the summer for college coaches, it seems to be real close to happening.
 

Over the past few days, I've heard from a lot of people who have either been involved with the talks about the summer changes or talked to people and I think we will see changes soon.
 

Here's what I THINK could be happening if it all goes through as I've been told.
 

Final two weekends of April will be open for college coaches to go out and watch tournaments. In the past on those weekend tourneys, they could only watch on Saturday and Sunday,but it sounds like they'll now be able to start at 6pm on Friday nights.
 

Then during July, it looks like the two 10 day periods will totally change. It sounds like we'll now get broken up into three, shorter, open periods in the month. I've heard the time length of those periods will be anywhere from 4-5 days for each one. Although, it seems to be the change that is still getting debated the most. But, It would be a big surprise if there are still two 10 day periods.
 

So in theory, it would look something like this.

    April 20 (6pm)-22

    April 27 (6pm)-29

    July 11-15

    July 18-22

    July 25-29
 

Of course, none of this is for certain and I'm just doing my best to piece together what I've heard.
 

I HOPE that it goes down something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment