Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Gaels introduce Kerry Carter

St. Mary's athletics offers a feature on southern California JC transfer Kerry Carter. The most captivating part:
SMCGaels.com: Have you spent much time in the Bay Area before coming to Saint Mary's?
Carter: I had been up here twice before, once to Sacramento for a Junior College Final Four game and then we played Diablo Valley College once. I knew a little bit about the area but I had never heard of Moraga before Saint Mary's. To get here and see how small the town was, that's a blessing for me. I'm out of the way, I'm out of trouble. There's nothing to focus on but what I'm really here for and that's basketball and school. That's right up my alley.
Sounds like he came to realize what was best off the court for himself and went with it. Carter moved up as he orginally signed with Cal State Northridge in November 2012 -- prior to a head coaching change.

1 comment:

  1. Carter had signed with Fullerton, not Northridge

    ReplyDelete