Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where are Schea's Cotton's supporters now?

We're guessing we just haven't built up an immunity as yet because each article we comes across about the bad apples (and yes, there are plenty of good people, too) still evokes a visceral reaction in us. All sarcasm intended, where are all those 'friends' and 'supporters' of Shea Cotton now? You got it, on to new prospects in the meat market. Casey Jacobsen played at Stanford.

(Too Much?) Power to Influence
Casey’s view on greed and corruption in AAU ball.
Casey Jacobsen
October 5, 2009

When I was a boy, all I wanted to do was play sports with my friends in my suburban neighborhood of Glendora, CA. I was tall, but not huge. I wasn’t fast, but not slow either. I could jump well, but that was by “white boy” standards. And although I come from family with basketball history (my father and two older brothers played college basketball), no one in their right mind would have predicted that I would make it to the NBA when they saw me at 13. Even after two years of competing at a high level against the country’s best talent during high school, I don’t think a lot of people thought I would make it to the NBA.

That perception was the best thing that could have ever happened to my basketball career. Let me explain.

I began playing AAU basketball (stands for Amateur Athletic Union, a semi-organized summer basketball circuit) when I was in 5th grade. By the time I was 13, I was traveling all over California and Las Vegas, Nevada for AAU tournaments. When I arrived in high school, that is when things changed...

Go here for the remainder.

No comments:

Post a Comment