Wednesday, April 2, 2014

More from Coach Bob Walsh

Coach Bob Walsh's latest is "Championship Culture: Start Off The Court."

A snippet:
"...In talking with my players when the season was over, it was obvious where that trust started to develop. Almost everyone of them to a man said they thought I was just playing tough when I told them I was going to be at their classes to make sure they were on time, but after a while they realized I was serious. They said the way I handled the academic side of things made them realize that I wasn't messing around, and it carried over onto the court. They realized that I meant what I said and I was going to follow through and hold them accountable. They all said that really translated onto the court in practice. When I talked about how we would attack the ball from our help side or how we were going to play a ball screen, they knew it wasn't negotiable.  There was no doubt about the message..."

No comments:

Post a Comment