Saturday, June 22, 2013

Aaron Cameron to CRC

 (photo courtesy of David Steutel, MaxPreps)

Recent Sacramento High graduate Aaron Cameron has made a decision and his plan is to play the 2013-2014 season for Coach James Giacomazzi and Cosumnes River College basketball.

The 6-foot-2 backcourter, coming off Co-MVP honors in the Metro Conference, made his choice for multiple reasons.

Cameron explained, "It's a great program, one that has a history of sending players on to the next level. Coaches Giacomazzi and Podesta had a plan for me academically and athletically that will help me accomplish my goals. All I have to do is bring the hard work. It’s also nice that the school is 10 minutes from my home.”

He continued, "I'll be playing the one and the two but mainly the one so that I can continue to develop at the position. I see myself as a scoring point guard."

Here's Podesta on Cameron: "I can say he is a very special player that we are extremely excited to have on the team this season.  He is in the mold of former Hawk Tony Gill, who's currently playing at the University of the Pacific, in that he really exemplifies what a student-athlete should be. Aaron is an extremely well-rounded young man who is active in family, the community, in addition to being an outstanding basketball player. Beyond his physical gifts and athletic ability, Aaron is a fierce competitor, who brings tremendous intensity to the program. We couldn't be happier to have him represent our team, campus community, and student body this season."

Asked to describe what fans will see on the court from him, Cameron offered, “Defensively I will work hard, offensively I will bring my ability to score the basketball, especially from the 3-point range. I will also bring my passion to compete. There's a fire in my belly."

As there are different aspects to commanding, Cameron offered more: "I can lead by example, that shows up in my work ethic. But I can also be very vocal so my leadership style is a bit of both. I know how to speak to people to get things done."

Responding to a query regarding how his school friends would describe him, Cameron said, "A hard worker dedicated to what he does but also down to earth."

Academically, he is interested in both Psychology and Sports Management as majors.

No comments:

Post a Comment