Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Kiwi Gardner mention

Keith Schlosser interviews the Santa Cruz Warriors coach (Casey Hill) and includes a question on Kiwi Gardner:

Q: I know you're probably looking forward to having Kiwi Gardner back this season. Coming off his most recent participation with Golden State in NBA Summer League, is he an inspiration for these new open tryout participants?

A: It's hard for me to explain exactly what Kiwi has meant to me, especially in my first year as head coach. He was a guy who came in and played so hard --- like he was still trying to make the team everyday. He is definitely a reference point for me when I talk to other players. One day he's trying out for a D-League team, the next, he's scoring 7 points in 57 seconds in an NBA Summer League game. He's been really great for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment