Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Big Wen announces his next goal

From Wendell McKines:
Well it’s been real. I have reached the pinnacle of my basketball career as an undersized post player. I remember playing basketball for the first time in the 2nd grade. My cousin Kevin (God rest his soul) was upset with me because my favorite sport wasn’t football anymore. Growing up I played against guys that were older and bigger then I was and always took that approach to the game. Even though it has been successful for me I feel It has ran its course. Playing in second division France and the 6’5 and under league in the Phillipines was not as challenging as it could have been. It wasn’t until I came to Korea and faced guys 6 foot 8- 6 foot 10 240- 260 lbs every night wen I started thinking about my career long term.  Yes, I was able to average 6.9 ppg and 4.6 rpg in 12.1 minutes here but I am not happy with how I finished this season. The Korean basketball  league ends in a week which is a blessing because I have six months to work my ass off in order to become a perimeter player, lose 15-20 lbs, and gain the speed/ agility it takes to defend guards. If I do not complete this task I’m retiring from the game of basketball. With a degree from New Mexico State University  I am prepared to walk away if I don’t achieve this goal and I have never been more serious about anything else in my life.  You will be able to watch this journey via youtube titled “Two or I’m through”. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me throughout the years. Let’s see where this journey takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment