Saturday, July 28, 2012

Not a NorCal kid but wise words

D.J. Fenner is one wise young man:

...Besides his offensive display, Fenner exerted himself defensively, often trying to lock down the opposition’s best wing player.

As impressive as he looked at times during the Summer Jam, Fenner thinks he is better in a more structured setting.

“In AAU, not a lot of people play defense,” Fenner said. “I know if I can go out there and play defense, I’m not only showing college coaches I can play defense but I’m working on my defensive skills. When you play defense, defense wins these games for us. I don’t care if it’s pickup ball, AAU or high school basketball. AAU is only preparing me for college.

“Honestly, I’m not really a big fan off AAU basketball simply because it’s not really a set system. It’s a lot of star athletes coming in and kind of runnin’ and gunnin’. I feel like I fit better in a system.”

No comments:

Post a Comment