Wednesday, October 28, 2015

New head coach at College of Marin

From Chabot Men's Basketball:

"This is a bittersweet post, I had to tell Chabot goodbye today. Its been my home for the last 3 years. I Marshall Collins received a Head Coaching Job today from the College of Marin. Having to talk to my Chabot players today was one of the HARDEST things I done in my life. I can truly say this years team was my favorite team since I started coaching. (100%) I'm going to miss each and everyone of you. I know I will be watching you in the State Playoffs. I feel like I'm leaving my family. Want to thank Denny Aye for what he did for me when i came to Chabot 3 years ago. It meant a lot, saved my career. Dion Aye - Primerica Regional Vice President and Dickerson yall will be missed."

From Chabot Athletics and DreamHoops:

"Coach Collins enters his third season at Chabot College after spending 6 seasons at Los Medanos College and 1 at College Alameda, 1 of those years at LMC was spend as the head coach. Coach Collins known as one of the top recruiters in Northern California, and will assist Coach Aye with, on-the-floor coach, practice planning, recruiting and the day to day operations of the basketball team. In Marshall's seasons at LMC, he helped them to a top 5 Ranking in the North and 8th is the State, back to back League MVPs and All State players, four 20-plus win seasons. Four top 10 offense teams and over 20 4-year scholarships for his players throughout the years. In 2008-09 Marshall Collins helped put together a team that lead to the most wins in Los Medanos College history (25-8). Marshall played his high school basketball at Oakland Tech where he was an All-league player in 2 sports (basketball and Baseball). He attended Long Beach State before transferring to Long Beach City College. While at LBCC as a player, Marshall went 50-18 in two years. Marshall ended has college career at Park University, He also played semi-pro basketball for 2 seasons.

Marshall is also a coach on one of the most successful AAU program in the world. This past year he coached the Soldiers 16U Nike Elite Team which included some of the top players in the country."

No comments:

Post a Comment